25 March 2009

Amsterdam Weekend


IMGP5105, originally uploaded by BeneathOurFeet.

Axel and I took a long weekend to Amsterdam. We had gorgeous sunny weather on Saturday and Sunday, though when the wind picked up and the sun went down it was quite cold. Spring might be here, but summer most certainly is not!

It is hard to remember to take pictures when I am just soaking in the scenes, sounds, and smells of a new place, but while we were having a cup of cappuccino these window decorations caught my eye. I particularly liked the red because I saw much red, especially at night. Sadly my nigh photography needs serious improvement.

It was a fun time, and very nice to get away without worry of Children. (though we did get a call whilst in the Van Gogh Museum that Anja had chipped a tooth. All was fine in the end,but shows you are never truly away from it when you are a parent.) I am exhausted after 3 days of going non-stop and very nervous about our trip to France in 10 days. I am feeling a bit better this afternoon than I was yesterday, but still feeling the punishment of daring to be active. This morning I was really angry about how I need to either accept that I will be hurting and tired if I choose to get up and experience life. I spend so much time as I sit and take it easy day in and day out, thinking of all the things I want to do. I think back to when Tina and I went to Amsterdam just 2 years ago on my 40th birthday and how I not only managed to get around on my own, but didn't have to collapse for days when I got back.

I can scarcely think how France will be. I have to admit I am a bit scared and daunted by the prospect of it. I suppose that I will find a way to make it work, but I wonder how far off from how I want it to be that will turn out.

No comments: