10 March 2009

Apples and Peanut Butter

I can't get enough. Seriously. If I thought that I could live on a diet of just apples and peanut butter I might try it. In the past few weeks there has been several days that my calorie intake would have been better if I had only eaten them. (Because it was the other things I ate, like veggies and some lean meat that upped the total, right?)

I don't understand this craving. I have never been a big fan of the ol' PB. It was one of those take it or leave it sort of foods. Then one day I read a comment from a friend who said that she was indulging in too many apples with peanut butter and a switch flipped in my head. What a delicious sounding combination! So I gave it a try. What began as curiosity has now blossomed into a full fledged obsession. There is a program on the BBC about weird eaters. They have had people who only eat pasta, people who only eat cheese, people who only eat baked beans. If I don't cool it, pretty soon they will be ringing me up to offer me a spot on the show for eating only apples and peanut butter. I didn't have any peanut butter in the house for a few days and made it through them with only slight withdrawl. So I figured I was safe to have Axel pick up some on the way home today. Of course this was the addiction talking, and since the time he came home 5 hours ago I have had 3 apples with the better part of 4-5 tablespoons of peanut butter. I am tracking my calories on Sparkpeople and have cheated by only entering 3 tablespoons. Clearly an act of a guilty addict. As if not entering the overflow of the tablespoons nullified their calorie content.

I will go to bed tonight dreaming of my breakfast tomorrow. Apple with peanut butter. It is nuts! Nuts I tell you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I love apples with peanut butter. I also tried....gjetost cheese on apples...really very good. This dark goat cheese alone sliced thin almost has a caramel taste to it...so both are my fav!
Aloha from Maui