23 June 2008

My Little Princess

prom1

My little princess isn't so little anymore. She turned 16 last Wednesday and Friday was her prom. Prom here is done the year you finish your GCSE exams since that is the year that students scatter to different schools and training programs. They only get one chance to go to prom, as only those in the finishing class can attend. It is quite the anticipated occasion.

I thought that it was going to be easier when Kiah turned 16 than it was when Dylan turned. You know - because I had been through it before so it was somehow going to be less of an emotional moment for me. Turns out that was wishful thinking. In fact there seems to be a bit more of a bitter sweet this time around. I have a picture of Dylan and Kiah by my bed of when they were just little girls that I look at often. My mind can barely wrap itself around how grown up they are now.

When did this baby, who's feet her big sister was so enthralled with



turn into this young woman, who this young man is so enthralled with?

prom2

I see Anja and I wonder if maybe somehow I can put her in stasis so that she stays a little girl. Surely there must be a way.

1 comment:

Jean9 said...

OMG what a beautiful young lady. She looks just gorgeous.