27 May 2009

Working On Many Things - Pictures Included

I started working on the pictures I have promised from the rest of our holiday. The weather may have been warmer this weekend than it was on the continent, but it was rainy at the same time much of it. We still found ourselves crazy busy with pub night, barbecue here with family and at the farm with friends and spur of the moment with other friends at their home on Monday. They had planned on taking advantage of the predicted temperatures, but as were so many people, they too were disappointed about the eventual weather. Warm(ish) partly sunny at times with showers and the occasional thunder. Not so nice. Today it has just gone to rainy and cold. Which means pictures and other projects can be worked on while the garden and the allotment get a nice watering à la mother nature.

In addition to working on the pictures, I have somehow managed to get myself into making this for Anja. I know that I can do a decent job on it, and I will do. Yet I am feeling quite intimidated by it. The night before we went to France I frantically sewed a self drafted set of matching pajamas for Anja and myself. Why of all things I chose pajamas to make, I don't know. (perhaps because there is no pressure to make them suitable for public viewing) I did them well, and vowed to sew more. Of course I have not sewn since we got back. I have such lovely fabric that needs to be made into something. Naturally that would lead to making a kirtle for my 8 year old daughter, right? It does if you are me, apparently! With picture processing breaks at regular intervals, of course.

No comments: