21 May 2009

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

I promise. It will be worth the wait to see the pictures from the rest of our trip to France. My plan was to get them sorted and uploaded last week, but as it usually happens, as soon as I commit to something at a certain time, my body decides to go into a flare of pain and fatigue. I wrote a little bit about that here at my other blog.

The good news is that this week I seem to be feeling decidedly better so I am back to work and catching up on things. Today I am having a special tutorial with my French teacher who so kindly gave me an unexpected gift of the chance to catch up in my studies and turn in work that I had not done when I was feeling so poorly. Something I had not asked for and absolutely never expected. One of life's little miracles that we so often fail to acknowledge. In preparation for it I have been feverishly studying this week and will spend the rest of the afternoon resting so that my brain is at it's best for the tutorial. If the sun is out tomorrow I am hoping to get out to the allotment to plant transplant some beans and sow some flower seeds along the borders. If it is rainy then I will get the pictures done, otherwise they will have to wait until Saturday or later depending on how much I get done in the allotment. The pictures will wait, but I need to get things done outside when I can and when the moon cycles are right (that is part of the biodynamic approach to agriculture - using the moon and planetary cycles to guide you to optimum times to do each task. Sounds wacky - but it works!). As far as I know there isn't a moon time that is best for editing digital photos. There probably is, but I'll just let that remain a mystery for now!

So - patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait, hold onto your britches - I'll get to it as soon as I can!!! I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you first via Amity Mama, which lead me to your blog. I was googling "the average size home in Europe" because I've been thinking about how my partner, our son, and I are going to manage living in a 800 sq ft home. Then I saw pictures of all of your lovely flats and homes on your FlickR page (via a chat session on Amity Mama). I am inspired! And I love that the title of your most recent blog post is 'good things come to those who wait,' which is exactly what I keep trying to tell my self as we live in, for our standards, is such a small home. I love your blog, your approach to life, your homes! Thank you!!!