15 August 2010

Pictures!

IMGP7927


I finally got the pictures sorted and uploaded today. Most do not have any description or title other than what the camera assigns them, but for sake of time this is how it has to be for now. It took me 4 hours on the computer to do it as it is. I've not been wanting to be on the computer much since we got here. Too much to do, too tired, too hot to have the computer providing extra heat.


We arrived in Malaga - more precisely Alhaurin el Grande - on Thursday evening and after emptying our car out into our house we went to a nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants here. I discovered a unexpectedly refreshing and delicious drink of vino tinto (red wine) and Fanta Limon on ice. Sort of a poor man's Sangria. Delicious! Also enjoying that gazpacho is the soup of the region. I am loving it and eating it whenever possible. Which reminds me - I have some in the refrigerator now...

The weather is gorgeous. It has been in the low 30's Celsius, which is the high 80's low 90's Farenheit. Not so bad. Madrid was definitely more hot and much more humid than it is down south. At night there is a nice breeze and things cool down enough that we can sleep without air conditioning. In the morning we are enjoying our coffee outside in the shade looking over the horizon at the Sierra Nevadas. Gorgeous. I don't think I will ever grow tired of it. At night we have been lying out gazing at stars and were treated to the Perseid Meteor shower on our first two nights here. Bliss.

The Feria de Malaga - 10 days of drunken flamenco from what I gather - started on Friday night. We went on Saturday to the day portion (there is two parts - the day part and the night part held in different locations) for a couple hours. It was madness and so much fun! Anja was not to sure about things until she got a nice pretty dress to join in the festivities with all the other lovely MalagueƱas. I had some of the drink that is consumed by people in large quantities - Cartojal, which is a super sweet wine that goes straight to your head. It was good, but I do prefer a mojito for festive drinking.


Photobucket
(zoinks - sorry for the super sized photo! I'll fix that later...)

Enjoy the pictures. As I said, there are no descriptions or non-stock titles for most of them. Just enjoy their beauty and if you have a question about any of them post a comment and I will give you the scoop.

Hasta Luego!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great photos Katie! How are you feeling?