14 September 2005

Well this is surprising

I sent out several CV's to apply for jobs a few weeks ago. Up until today I had only heard from one of them to say that they had already filled the position. Since I have not had a "real job" for 7 years (self employment and motherhood just don't count for much on the ol' CV) I really didn't expect much. So imagine my surprise when in the mail today was a big ol' packet with a bunch of paperwork because I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW! I know that chances I will actually get the job are slim, and it isn't exactly my dream job (medical secretary at the local hospital) but just getting an interview makes me pretty darn happy.

I am still going forward with my Childbirth Classes and Doula work (see my new UK website Golden Flower Birth) but until it picks up there are bills to pay. I can think of worse things than being a medical secretary.

Whatever works out will work out. I wonder what it will be?

No comments: