06 December 2007

Pigs Really Do Fly, It Turns Out

If anything can make swine take flight, what I did today would be the thing.


I mailed Christmas Cards in time for arrival before Christmas. I mailed Christmas Cards to people that I promised cards to.....2 years ago.

I even completed some gifts that I have been working on and am starting into my 'only if I have time' list. Nothing big of course. Little things that I can make whilst I am limited in what I can do. Writing cards was a full mornings activity for me, and involved adventures digging for addresses at the bottom of drawers. (I have never been good at keeping an address book. I need to fix that. ) And while it may not seem like much to most of the world, to me it was an enormous achievement and proof that the holiday spirit does indeed work miracles.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I got my card like 5 minutes ago hun. Thank you so much. You are one of two cards I received this year and it being from you made it extra special. :)

I want to move there with you! It's so beautiful there and as you know I'm not crazy about the US. If only hubby could get a job there right?

What kind of camera do you use for your pictures? I just looked through some and they come out so nicely. I'm looking into getting a camera so that's why I ask. ;)

Happy Holidays sweety. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Jo! Yeah! That makes me so happy to know you got it so quickly. You are in my thoughts today (as always, but today in particular). My camera is a Pentax *istD. I considered going for one of those really expensive Canons and Nikons that everybody seems to rave about but they are so expensive and to buy additional lenses is also super spendy. The Pentax was moderate price (over $500) but not as bad as it could be. I am happy with it. And I might be able to afford new lenses some day too.