10 July 2005

From Stressed to Surreal

Its been a stressful week. The sort of week that tests one's resolve. I am happy to report our resolve is strong and everything is going full steam ahead. Today the house is mostly empty. Just the bags we are taking with us and boxes we are having sent over more or less. A few boxes of papers to do a final organizing of and then just random crap to pack up or get rid of.

We still have not sold the washer and drier, nor the bike rack. If you know anyone who needs a great washer and drier or a Yakima bike rack for a great price let us know!

I can actually see an end to this and the next step of our journey is coming into view. The stress has turned to surreal. Its like I keep stopping to look around and tell myself this is really happening. My head starts to spin if I think about getting on the plane Saturday. I am thankful to have a good foundation for practicing mindfulness. As hard as this all is, I am certain it would be more so if I didn't have my practice.

and Tina. I couldn't do this without Tina.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trust me when I say that Craigslist has been graces a thousand times over with the bulk of our possessions. These are just the last hanger-ons. All is well. Whatever will be will be as they say.